When you place an order with Emma Hall Designs it is deemed that you have read and understood the terms & conditions.
1. If any details on your Booking Form are incorrect then please inform us as soon as possible.
2. The booking fee of £50 (which is deducted off the total cost) is non refundable.
3. Once the booking fee is paid your booking is confirmed on the date and at the venue provided.
Your next payment is 8 weeks prior to the wedding and the final payment is 1 week prior to the wedding. We do however accept early payments and easy payment schemes.
4. Please note that any cancellations will loose any payments already made as refunds are down to the discression of Emma Hall Designs.
5. You the customer are solely responsible for all items hired from us before, during, and after use.
6. Any items that are lost, stolen or damaged with be charged at cost price at the discession of Emma Hall Designs.
7. It is the lead contacts responsibility to ensure that the hired items are fully covered by either their own insurance or the venues insurance with regard to public liability.
8. We do not take any responsibility of claims made by any person for the death, personal injury or venue damage caused by or in conjunction with the use of our hired items.
9. During your event the hired items remain the property of Emma Hall Designs.
10. Emma Hall Designs has their own Public Liability Insurance.
11. We cannot provide a refund or compensation in the event of force majore, this includes but is not limited to severe weather conditions, flooding, tornadoes, earthquakes, heavy snowfall and other events beyond our control.
1. Some sweets may contain or have traces or nut's. Sweets are prepared in an area where nuts are used. Sweets also may have been in contact with other sweets that contain nuts.
2. Emma Hall Designs will not be held responsible for any issues resulting in food allergies.
3. Plastic bags and sweets wrappers can cause a choking hazard and should be keep away from small children or used under adult supervision.
4. We will not be held responsible for any safety issues which may occur from the consumption of our sweets.
1. Invitations are paid for in full at the point of ordering them. All other "on the day" stationery can be paid for in the usual terms (8 weeks/1 week prior to wedding).
2. The person ordering the stationery is responsible for proof reading the stationery prior to print. This is usually done via email.
3. Refunds and down the the discression of Emma Hall Designs.
4. The lead time from the point of ordering is usually 4-6 weeks, however if items are required sooner than this please contact us for current availability.
5. We reserve the right to change our prices without prior notice however any increase would not affect any confirmed orders.
6. We understand that personal privacy is important and therefore all personal information provided to us, will not be supplied to any third party without prior consent.
7. Due to the handmade nature of the stationery, our products contain small parts and are not suitable for children.
8. We will not be held responsible for damaged caused during postage to guest.
Jewellery & Tiaras
1. All my Bridal Tiaras and Wedding Jewellery are handmade to order specifically for you, to your design. There is no extra charge for this bespoke service.
2. No money is taken at the point of ordering your bespoke piece, payment is made on collection once you are 100% happy with the items.
3. All Tiaras are made from Silver Plated or Gold Plated Wire. Due to the nature of silver and silver plated items they will if left in the air slowly tarnish over time. To keep items at there best before your big day try to avoid handling too much and keep the item boxed in tissue paper and away from any moisture. Spray hairspray and perfume before adding your jewellery or tiara.
4. You can hire or buy all out jewellery or tiaras, new ear wires are used on earrings if hired due to hygiene reasons.
5. Silver plated wire is used unless it states that it is Sterling Silver.
6. We tend to use Swarovski Crystals and Swarovski Crystal Pearls unless stated.
DATA PROTECTION POLICY
Emma Hall Designs is registered under the Data Protection Act.
General Statement of Emma Hall Designs Duties and Scope
Emma Hall Designs is required to process relevant personal data regarding members of staff, and customers as part of its operation and shall take all reasonable steps to do so in accordance with this Policy.
Data Protection Controller
Emma Hall Designs has appointed the Data Protection Officcer as the Data Protection Controller
(DPC) who will endeavour to ensure that all personal data is processed in compliance with this Policy and the Principles of the Data Protection Act 1998. The Freedom of Information Act 2000 and the Protection of Freedoms Act 2012 are also relevant to parts of this policy.
Emma Hall Designs recognises The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) (Regulation (EU) 2016/679) adopted 27 April 2016, the two-year transition period and the application date of 25 May 2018 and is actively working towards compliance with that directive.
Emma Hall Designs shall so far as is reasonably practicable comply with the Data Protection Principles (the
Principles) contained in the Data Protection Act to ensure all data is:-
Fairly and lawfully processed
Processed for a lawful purpose
Adequate, relevant and not excessive
Accurate and up to date
Not kept for longer than necessary
Processed in accordance with the data subject's rights
Not transferred to other countries without adequate protection
Personal data covers both facts and opinions about an individual where that data identifies an individual. For example, it includes information necessary for employment such as the member of staff’s name and address and details for payment of salary. Personal data may also include sensitive personal data as defined in the Act.
Processing of Personal Data
Consent may be required for the processing of personal data unless processing is necessary for the performance of the contract of employment. Any information which falls under the definition of personal data and is not otherwise exempt, will remain confidential and will only be disclosed to third parties with appropriate consent.
Emma Hall Designs processes some personal data for direct marketing purposes, data subjects have the right to request an opt-out to these activities, which must be respected.
Sensitive Personal Data
Emma Hall Designs may, from time to time, be required to process sensitive personal data. Sensitive personal data includes data relating to medical information, gender, religion, race, sexual orientation, trade union membership and criminal records and proceedings.
Rights of Access to Information
Data subjects have the right of access to information held by Emma Hall Designs, subject to the provisions of the Data Protection Act 1998 and the Freedom of Information Act 2000. Any data subject wishing to access their personal data should put their request in writing to the DPC. Emma Hall Designs will endeavour to respond to any such written requests as soon as is reasonably practicable and in any event, within 48 hours for access to records and 48 hours to provide a reply to an access to information request. The information will be imparted to the data subject as soon as is reasonably possible after it has come to Emma Hall Designs attention and in compliance with the relevant Acts.
Certain data is exempted from the provisions of the Data Protection Act which includes the following:-
National security and the prevention or detection of crime
The assessment of any tax or duty
Where the processing is necessary to exercise a right or obligation conferred or imposed by law upon Emma Hall Designs, including Safeguarding and prevention of terrorism and
The above are examples only of some of the exemptions under the Act. Any further information on exemptions should be sought from the DPC.
Emma Hall Designs will endeavour to ensure that all personal data held in relation to all data subjects is accurate. Data subjects must notify the data processor of any changes to information held about them. Data subjects have the right in some circumstances to request that inaccurate information about them is erased. This does not apply in all cases, for example, where records of mistakes or corrections are kept, or records which must be kept in the interests of all parties to which they apply.
If an individual believes that Emma Hall Designs has not complied with this Policy or acted otherwise than in accordance with the Data Protection Act, the Data Subject should contact the DPC.
Emma Hall Designs will take appropriate technical and organisational steps to ensure the security of personal data.
All staff will be made aware of this policy and their duties under the Act.
Emma Hall Designs and therefore all staff are required to respect the personal data and privacy of others and must ensure that appropriate protection and security measures are taken against unlawful or unauthorised processing of personal data, and against the accidental loss of, or damage to all personal data.
An appropriate level of data security must be deployed for the type of data and the data processing being performed. In most cases, personal data must be stored in appropriate systems and be encrypted when transported offsite. Other personal data may be for publication or limited publication within Emma Hall Designs, therefore having a lower requirement for data security.
Emma Hall Designs must ensure that data processed by external processors, for example, service providers, Cloud services including storage, web sites etc. are compliant with this policy and the relevant legislation.
When data held in accordance with this policy is destroyed, it must be destroyed securely in accordance with best practice at the time of destruction.
Retention of Data
Emma Hall Designs may retain data for differing periods of time for different purposes as required by statute or best practices, individual departments incorporate these retention times into the processes and manuals. Other statutory obligations, legal processes and enquiries may also necessitate the retention of certain data.
Emma Hall Designs may store some data such as booking forms, photographs, and correspondence for an indefinite time period.
Author: Data Protection Officer
Date April 2018
Review: April 2019